Monday, June 10

Father's Day

I really love making cards and scrapbooking but HATE making men's cards. I start off making something masculine looking and have to resist the urge to cover it in pink/sparkly gems/flowers! I started this card with some Hot Off The Press papers and added some leaves and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted's range of stamps and dies. I stamped grey Stazon ink onto kraft card and really liked the effect. This card is still growing on me, but I'm pretty pleased with it. It's not my usual style either so it was a bit out of my comfort zone (you know, the cards where you play about with them for ages, then have to walk away and make a cup of tea, then come back and poke it around a bit more....)


I'm entering this card for the first Clearly Besotted challenge (seeing as I sweated so much over it! Lol).

3 comments:

  1. I totally hear ya!! I have to fight the urge turn every card girly!! You managed to keep this elegant but still masculine - way to go!!
    Glad you could play along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Father's Day Card . . . I love your color scheme!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card and I think you did a great job with the masculine theme. Thank you so much for taking part, I really appreciate it :) x

    ReplyDelete